The Outstanding Publication Student Prize is awarded by the International Society for Biomolecular Archaeology for an outstanding publication of the highest distinction by a student in a first author role.
- All student members of the society are eligible.
- Students are encouraged to nominate their publications, and nominations by others are also welcome.
- Publications can be in the form of: journal articles, preprints, book chapters, or theses.
- Nominees must have submitted their publication prior to defending their dissertation.
- The publication submission must have occurred within the 25 months prior to the ISBA meeting.
- Any articles, if not published (i.e. preprints), must be submitted to a journal no later than 6 months after the thesis/dissertation defence date of the student.
Nominations close one month before the biennial ISBA meeting.
The Outstanding Publication Student Prize is presented at the biennial ISBA meeting during the closing session. The judging commitee will be the keynote speakers, invited speakers, and conference organisers of the ISBA meeting.
Past Outstanding Student Publication Prize Winners
2023 - ISBA10
Elena Essel, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology,
Essel, E., Zavala, E.I., Schulz-Kornas, E. et al. Ancient human DNA recovered from a Palaeolithic pendant. Nature 618, 328–332 (2023). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41586-023-06035-2