We are pleased to invite you to submit a contribution for the session #854: “Building bridges: an open forum for archaeology and metagenomics” that we are organizing at the 30th European Association of Archaeologists (EAA) Annual Meeting, which will take place from the 28 to the 31 of August 2024, in Rome, Italy. The event offers a hybrid format, allowing participants the flexibility to attend and present either online or onsite.
With this session, we aim to bring together experts from both archaeology and metagenomics to showcase projects at the intersection of these fields. We are particularly interested in presentations that highlight collaborative efforts, and to this end, we are promoting “tandem presentations” featuring an expert from each field. In addition to these joint talks, we will also feature conventional talks that showcase research from the individual disciplines of expertise. Our session aims to connect diverse disciplines and foster a more interconnected comprehension of our collective heritage.
You can find more information in the session abstract https://submissions.e-a-a.org/eaa2024/sessions/overview/preview.php?id=854.
If you are interested in joining us for the session, we would be glad if you submit your abstract for an oral contribution through the website https://submissions.e-a-a.org/eaa2024/ by the 8 February 2024. Abstracts must be between 150 and 300 words and should contain 3 to 6 keywords and up to 10 authors.
This year, abstracts for posters are submitted to the Annual Meeting Themes, which can be found here https://www.e-a-a.org/EAA2024/Programme.aspx?WebsiteKey=20b5538d-68f8-4056-9596-1ae1ce0ead47&hkey=fe6595a9-39e9-47f1-8159-520091f89dfa&Program=2#Program, rather than sessions, by the 8th of April, 2024. If you are interested in presenting a poster that fits the session, don’t hesitate to contact us so we can advertise it in our session.
Please also check the opportunity to join the conference with grants offered by the EAA. You can find more information here https://www.e-a-a.org/EAA2024/General_Info.aspx?WebsiteKey=20b5538d-68f8-4056-9596-1ae1ce0ead47&hkey=d1efbf02-cbd8-4e90-87d9-3ebffb323fc5&New_ContentCollectionOrganizerCommon=6#New_ContentCollectionOrganizerCommon.
Do not hesitate to contact us by email if you have any questions.
See you in Rome!
The session organizers,
- Biancamaria Bonucci - Institute of Genomics, University of Tartu Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maxime Borry - Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology Hans Knöll Institute Mail: email@example.com
- Maria Lopopolo - Institut Pasteur, Université Paris Cité, CNRS UMR 2000, Microbial Paleogenomics Unit, F-75015 Paris, France Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aleksandra Laura Pach - Globe Institute, University of Copenhagen Mail: email@example.com
- Andrea Quagliariello - Dept. Comparative Biomedicine and Food Science, University of Padua Mail:firstname.lastname@example.org